Do you enjoy reading through fashion magazines? Do you also ask yourself: “How could I possibly afford this outfit?” If you answered yes, then I’ve got a solution for you. I recommend shopping at resale shops, where you can find previously worn or “gently used” clothing and accessories.
Jane’s On The Square in downtown Danville is a new favorite of mine. Believe me, resale shops are not all alike. Some are either too expensive or they may not have quality merchandise. Jane’s On The Square, a local store owned by Jane Bailey, sells quality used clothing, handbags, jewelry and shoes for juniors and ladies.
I recently discovered Jane’s after a trip to the Danville Farmers Market (which is also located along the square). I noticed a sale rack of clothes and handbags outside the store, which were marked down fifty percent. I couldn’t believe the deals, so I decided to step inside the store.
Inside, there’s a well-organized store with very reasonable prices. I prefer to stick to a budget when buying clothes. I found a handful of items that I could make into a few outfits for a fraction of what it would cost in a retail store.
There are also new items in the store, including a selection of artsy necklaces (such as a cool state of Indiana necklace) and rings under twenty dollars. Before you go to Jane’s On The Square, I thought I would share a few tips with you.
5 tips for shopping at Jane’s On The Square:
1) Bring Magazine Clippings With You: Trying to recreate a few outfits you saw in a magazine? Cut out the photos and bring them with you so you can reference them while you shop.
2) Save Money: Clip a coupon before you go. Find them on pinpointperks.com. Recent coupons include 20% off total purchase or $5 off $25.
3) Alterations Are a Good Thing: Do you ever pass on clothes because they’re a little big (or might need to be hemmed)? Keep those thoughts out of your head. You can always get a piece of clothing altered. Bring the item to an alterations shop. Many alterations are not too expensive (when compared to buying a new item of clothing) and you’ll have an item of clothing that fits you perfectly.
3) Follow Along on Facebook: Check the store’s Facebook page (search for Jane On The Square) for daily updates on new items, sales and more information.
4) Sell Your Stuff: The store accepts consignments and if your items are sold you can receive cash or store credit. You can review the store’s policy (items they accept and other policies) on their Facebook page.
Jane’s On The Square is located in downtown Danville on the historic Courthouse Square. Call the store for hours and more information.
Jane’s On The Square
65 W. Marion St.